The Media Coordinator role at Pinnacle Advertising is a dynamic entry level position that builds knowledge of the media department in relation to an advertising agency as a whole. The Media Coordinator plays an integral role in the progression of media buys and the administration of vendor and client billing. Media Coordinators provide media and billing assistance to Account Executives, Media Planners, Media Buyers, Account Coordinators, the Accounting Department, and media vendors.
Media Coordinators are responsible for the data entry of media buy information, invoice discrepancy resolution, monthly client billing for all media schedules, and overall assistance for media buyers, media planners, and account management. MCs gain a working knowledge of Strata, the buying software, to place and manage schedules and reconcile media against vendor invoices. MCs are expected to proficiently use Advantage, the accounting software, to guarantee vendor payment and client invoicing. Acting as support staff to the media department develops a necessary familiarity with all forms of media, including television, radio, cable, digital (SEO, SEM), print, and out-of-home.
This role demands efficiency in workflow processes, a strong sense of urgency, close attention to detail, careful organizational and time management skills, and the ability to multi-task through multiple concurrent media and/or accounting tasks. This position will provide an exceptional expansive foundation for potential growth within this agency as Media Buyer or Media Planner.
- Inputting TV, cable, and radio orders and invoices into the Strata buying software and properly transferring to Advantage accounting software
- Aiding buyers in investigating and reconciling discrepancies and evaluating makegoods
- Communicating with stations to collect invoices and notarization and to clear variances
- Filing paperwork and executing special administrative requests, i.e. generating reports
- Providing Account Coordinators and Managers will necessary coop backup on a monthly basis
- Checking for 100% accuracy between vendor invoices and billing totals